Popular Post

Sunday, January 10, 2010

WINTER WHITE OR NIGHT TIME BLACK?

When it comes to this time of year I try to stay away from black. I know all the glossies rave about how a LBD can be accessories within an inch of it's life to revive it and make it look completely different to the last party you wore it to, a party that was attended by mostly everyone I know and a party that lasted well into the night with more time for people to get a good look at my dress! Take a breath.





I'm not saying there aren't benefits to a little black dress, of course there are. Slimming, versatile, less able to see dirt etc but the word mundane springs to life. Pret-a-porter are saying this season is all the LBD, with a whole section dedicated to the garment.





I like to be more experimental when it comes to colours and this sometimes results in the said dress being worn once and then shunned to the back of the wardrobe because it was so bright, people will obviously notice when I've worn it more than once.



Kate Hudson, recently at the Nine premiere, looked fabulous in a white Atelier Versace Mikado Ball gown. Not practical for old butter fingers here but fabulous otherwise. If I were to a wear a white dress, bar my wedding day, I'm going to have to sit down, not move, not drink and certainly not eat anything that could be classed as beige or darker.