Popular Post

Friday, January 15, 2010

The SJP Puzzle

You know I adore SJP, and you know I spent most of 2009 in a bad mood with her over the dreaded SATC sequel. It's so hard to find fault with SJP because she's such a sweetie (have you watched her on Letterman? You just want to be her BFF) but she just keeps doing things to annoy me.

This time it doesn't involve Sex and the City, it's about one of my favourite labels: Halston. If I could live in any decade for the fashion it would be the 1970's, because I absolutely adore Halston's work. His clothes had a simplicity to them that made them so glamorous. It's really tricky to find good images of his designs online but there is a great book (HERE) filled with fabulous images.





You've probably all heard by now that Sarah Jessica Parker [in Halston above] has signed up to work for Halston Heritige - not to be confused with the mainline Halston, which has cleverly appointed Marios Schwab as creative director.

I was already getting sick of celebrities designing highstreet collections, but why are they now worming their way into high fashion? Granted SJP has amazing style, and it will not be a case of Lindsay Lohan at Emanuel Ungaro. But whatever happened to real designers?





Just so we can remember what the label is really about here is a slideshow (not made by me) of great Halston moments. Oh, what I'd give for a piece of vintage Haltson...



What do you think about SJP taking on a role at Halston? Good idea? Bad idea?