Popular Post

Sunday, January 10, 2010

BLACK LACE









Everytime I look back on Stella McCartney's Fall 2009 collection I end up falling back in love with black lace. I just love her use of lace panel insets to hint at what lies underneath, it has a certain 'mistress' quality to it. Black lace always makes me think under the sheets, you dont need me to spell it out do you?
It brings together another favourite trend of the moment, underwear as outwear, although in this weather I dont think anyone needs to see my nipples poking through a sheer cami, even if it ups my fashion credentials.


For night time, however, let me slip on a little black lace and I'm good to go. Black lace works best with nude, whether that be actual skin of nude material thats soft to the touch, as ive pictured below from McCartneys runway show.
If I could stretch the fund to McCartney or Largerfed, then Net-a-Porter would be lucky enough to receive my custom with these spectacular pieces I've picked out. Until then, it looks like I'm sticking to Zara and Topshop, who by the way have some gorgeous black lace creations.