Popular Post

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nick Knight



I've been a fan of Nick Knights work since I discovered his work at Art College. I was never a massive follower of photography until I saw he captured Linda Evangelista for the cover of Vogue. He pushes the boundaries of what a photographer can achieve and is innovative and experimental in a way that other photographers lack.




I recently went to the SHOWstudio exhibition at Somerset House and it was one of the best exhibitions I've been to this year. Not only could you see live shoots taking place for publications such as Vogue but there's a exact replica of Naomi Campbell's body measurements, which I took great pride in using a laser pen to draw breasts and unwanted hair on. Childish I know, but you should have seen what the guy next to me drew. Lets just say Naomi was quickly turned into Neil!



There was also a live model (who by the way was so good looking, I could have spread him on a cracker and eaten him), perched on a chair by a telephone with a sign saying 'Call Me.' It took every ounce of self respect to not pick up that phone and ask him to talk dirty.


Here are some of the photographs I managed to snap as well as some of my personal favourites of Nicks work. Enjoy!