Popular Post

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cosy Cable Knits

Autumn Cable Knits
Ta Dah! I finally managed to work out how to use Polyvore. For something so simple (in concept, if not for my small brain) it is a silly amount of fun to use. Get ready for more collections like this on the blog. You all seem to love cable knits as much as I do so here are some more of my favourite picks; some from the US, some the UK, and across a range of price-points. Really though, this is just a source of inspiration for how you can wear this type of knit - because it is such a deliberately chunky style, you can really go for it in mixing it up in layers and throwing scarves on top. It is quite an outdoorsy look, so for instance the dresses would look great with tights and boots, the cardigan with tweed slacks, scarf and beret. Just imagine kicking through leaves in the park then going home to curl up in an armchair with a cup of tea, good book, and warm scones.




I also just had to show you these two Alexander McQueen cable knit jumper dresses which I came across in my cable search. They are both available online from Browns, and I think they are utterly beautiful. Well out of my price range, but if I had the cash I would snap one up in a jiffy.





Alexander McQueen jersey cable knit print dress £1045





Alexander McQueen long sleeve cable knit dress £1915





Back view of the jumper dress