Popular Post

Friday, January 28, 2011

Shay Mitchell Talks Beauty With Pantene

Being the new face of Pantene, Shay Mitchell sat down to chat with Stylelist.On her worst hair moment ever: My hair is naturally wavy and when I was younger it was very thick. At the time I didn’t have a straightening iron or anything, so my best friend in the entire world, who is actually still my best friend, would iron my hair on an ironing board. One time I said, ‘Turn it up, it’s not getting hot.’ So she did and all of a sudden I asked, ‘What’s that smell?’ My hair had all fallen off in chunks on the side of the iron. I freaked out. I didn’t know what to do. Luckily I had thick hair but it was very traumatic having my hair on an iron and seeing it there, and the smell of burnt hair is so bad.”On “Pretty Little Liars”: I’m so happy that Emily has that weight lifted off of her by coming out to her father and I just hope that everyone else is just as accepting as they should be. I want Emily to be totally herself and be able to walk into a room and do whatever she wants and walk in with whomever she wants and to feel comfortable.On being the ‘hair’ for Pantene: I’ve always used Pantene, honestly, and the fact that now I’m kind of the face, or rather the hair, for them… it’s insane. I can talk about the product naturally because I’ve used it. I know what they have out there and I know why it works. A lot of people think I do this magical thing to my hair and ask, ‘How’d you get it like that?’ and I’m like go to your drugstore and pick it up because you can buy it there.”On finding the best beauty products in drugstores: “Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara — I don’t go anywhere without it. It’s my absolute favorite. Another thing I use is Cetaphil face wash. I’m a drugstore junkie. I don’t buy anything that’s very expensive beauty-wise.”